Wednesday, May 11, 2011

At the hospital - but not the way you think

So, this happened last night:























(click to embiggen)

And while I pretend to be all upset, secretly, I think it's HILARIOUS.

My poor husband. Our teacher (Erin! She's cute and bubbly and awesomely comforting in how matter-of-fact she is about everything) asked for volunteers, and he leaned over, "Please tell me you aren't going up there..." Of course I am! I got to be all dressed up in the lovely hospital gown, with monitors strapped to my belly, an oxygen mask on and tubes tied to my arms. (I'm really glad she didn't actually stick me with the IV's - I hate needles!) I looked HAWT, let me tell you.

The best part was when she called JON up, and made him put on scrubs as if we were going into a C-section. With the hat and the booties and everything. Yeah, I kinda got in trouble for that one. I didn't know that my volunteering would affect him! (and yes, I had to look affect vs effect up, to make sure I was using that right)

Anyone have any great stories where they embarrassed not only themselves, but someone else with them?

6 comments:

  1. PS - great use of the word 'embiggen'. I like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe when Jon was pretending to be upset about being involuntarily volunteered... he secretly thought it was HILARIOUS too :). Hahaha. Dan also hates when I get him into stuff like that. I'll check in later if I remember any funny stories to illustrate my point :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha that's awesome. My husband is anti volunteering too. Silly.

    Kayla
    Freckles in April

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a pretty intense pre-natal class!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just have to say that I love your use of the word 'embiggen'. It reminds me so much of Amber and playing games with the 'adults' at Twin Lakes with her gift of making words up whenever she so desires. Just had to share the nostalgia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going to say I loved that you used "embiggen" but someone beat me to it! Pook. I still love that you said "embiggen," though.

    ReplyDelete

Make the Buddha Bubby happy and link to your email so I can reply!