Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Getting To Know Me

Remember in Junior High when these memes would be emailed around to everyone?
And you'd fill it out, and hope that your most sekrt special crush would say that he liked YOU?
Yeah, good times.

1. What time did you get up this morning?
Around 9am...which has been typical for the last few months. I'm growing something here! But yeah, I don't expect that to last.
2. Diamonds or pearls? Pearls.
3. What is your favorite TV show? Oy. You would think that with no cable, we don't watch a lot of TV, but that's just not true. Between Netflix and Hulu, we watch quite a bit. My VERY favorite show, the one that makes me all bouncy when there's a new episode? Doctor Who. LOVE it. Like, considered flying to New York for the season premiere a few weeks ago. (Not really. But Jon and I talked about it...) I also love Food Network, and most USA shows, like Burn Notice and Psych.
4. What do you usually have for breakfast? Cereal and some fruit. Unless it's Saturday, then we do something fancy like French Toast or Breakfast Burritos or something.
5. What is your middle name? I don't have one. My first name is too long and pretentious for one. *grin* I guess, technically, now it's my maiden name.
6. What food do you dislike? Mmm, there's not a whole lot of foods I dislike. Heavy raw onions, maybe. Things that are very greasy.
7. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would it be? Depends on when I'm going and for how long. Right now, I would love a relaxy weekend vacation to Portland. But if I can take a week or two in about 8 months? Japan with my mom or Taiwan with Jon's parents. I've always wanted to visit Asia, but I really want to go with someone who speaks the language. Or back to Great Britain, probably Scotland. I can't really go wrong there. (I take my travel very seriously!)
8. What is your biggest pet peeve? Mouth noises. Ugh. Someone chewing with their mouth open and making all sorts of smacky noises. It gives me the willies.
9. Are you a morning person or a night person? A night person. Even now with all the crazy pregnancy sleepiness, it's easier for me to stay up until midnight or one than it is to wake up at seven.
10. Any new and exciting news that you'd like to share with us? By the end of June, I'll have a baby? But if you know me, that's not really news. I've been pregnant like, forever. How about, it's my birthday on Saturday? Yay birthdays!
11. What did you want to be when you grew up? A mom. (No, seriously. I liked being the Bossy McBosserton.) Or a writer. Or an astronaut. Or a fairy.
12. What is your favorite pastime? I am a TERRIBLE blog-stalker. I spend about an hour reading blogs every day, but I never comment. No more. I'm going to be a crazy commenting fiend!
13. Do you wish on stars? You'd better believe it. I also wash my face in dew on May Day. And make up my own little superstitions. I like to believe that magic is just a little bit real, that Narnia is a real place, that fairies live in the right conditions, and that someday I'll hear the Tardis and I'll come running.
14. What is under your bed? My boots (put away for the winter) and a present or two for Jon. It's my secret hiding place. If you had asked me when I lived in my parents house, it would have been anything under the sun. I cleaned by shoving everything under there. I paid for it, too. I spent a year with my mattress on the floor because then I couldn't put anything under it, and after that my grandpa built a wooden frame like they have in hotels that went between the box springs and the floor. I'm much better now.
15. What is your favorite candy? Right now, Sour Patch Kids. Mmm, delicious. But that's mostly the baby talking. My favorite candy bar is Crunchies. (It's a British candy bar. I told you, I'm a crazy anglophile!) You know how good Cadbury's Eggs are? Well, imagine that chocolate over a honeycomb center - it's impossible to describe, but it's delicious.

5 comments:

  1. Hooray for a new blog!

    ...

    *smacky mouth noises*

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY FOR BLOGGING!! I'm excited to have you join us - even though I've been following the lack of action on your Lia Nomer blog for quite some time now :). It looks great... and makes me want to go bust into my stash of cadburies. And then (and this is thinking a little further in advance than is necessary - but you know me. I get excited) when you have your NEXT baby, you can just anonymously email the family with something like "Duck or Goose coming soon... more details to follow" :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I approve of the decision to become a commenting fiend, and I even MORE wholly approve of you becoming a blogging fiend! This is one Mommy Blog I'm going to keep close tabs on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ali, I love you. That is all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for new blogs!!

    And since you're SO good at questionaires, you totally need to do mine so we can show off your spankin' new blog. And because you're a Doctor Who fan and you like Sour Patch Kids. (Or your baby does. Either way, awesome.) Email me if you want details. Plus, you have to let me use the picture of you with your camera. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Make the Buddha Bubby happy and link to your email so I can reply!