After I came home, I saw that Jenna had asked, "What are you going to change?" In the hope that if I define and express my goals, I will be more accountable to them, here are mine:
1. I will weigh myself every day, and write it down. I eat more mindfully when I do this. I know that weight can fluctuate a lot, so I will also measure my bust, waist, hips, thigh and bicep in inches every month.
3. I'll take my thyroid medicine, dang it! It's ridiculous when I get behind, and it makes me feel so crummy.
4. I will go to Zumba (or some other aerobic exercise) 3 times a week and lift weights with Mom on Mondays and Wednesdays.
5. I'll go on a long walk with Jesse at least once a week. If it gets too cold, I'll reevaluate. I feel better when I spend a good amount of time outside, and hopefully it'll help with the winter blues.
6. When I feel like a snack, I will drink 6 oz of water first. If I'm still hungry after 10 mins, I'll eat some fruit or veggies. I'll also drink a ridiculous amount of water during the day.
7. I will plan meals before I get my groceries, lunches AND dinners. I'll prepare my veggie snacks as soon as I get home so I can just grab them out of the fridge.
8. I can have one treat on Family Night. After that I will only eat treats if someone brings them to me, and no more than 2 treats in a week. If I have 3 one week, I only get 1 the next.
If I feel like cheating or get discouraged, I'll look at my before pictures, or find new inspiration for my Workout Pinterest board. I'll reevaluate everything in 3 months.
Do you write down your goals? I know people that don't - Jon keeps track of everything in his head so well, making a list is redundant. Me, I can't remember pretty much anything unless I write it down. How about staying fit? What are your tricks?