Thursday, October 20, 2011

I don't care about being skinny, I want to be FIT.

Oh man. Have you ever been so sore that you can feel it when you breathe? It's an awesome feeling - it's my body's way of telling me it is changing. As part of That Weight Loss Challenge 2, I lifted weights with my mom for an hour yesterday, and did Zumba later last night when my muscles started complaining. Woo hoo!

via

After I came home, I saw that Jenna had asked, "What are you going to change?" In the hope that if I define and express my goals, I will be more accountable to them, here are mine:

1. I will weigh myself every day, and write it down. I eat more mindfully when I do this.   I know that weight can fluctuate a lot, so I will also measure my bust, waist, hips, thigh and bicep in inches every month.

3. I'll take my thyroid medicine, dang it! It's ridiculous when I get behind, and it makes me feel so crummy.

4. I will go to Zumba (or some other aerobic exercise) 3 times a week and lift weights with Mom on Mondays and Wednesdays.

5. I'll go on a long walk with Jesse at least once a week. If it gets too cold, I'll reevaluate. I feel better when I spend a good amount of time outside, and hopefully it'll help with the winter blues.

6. When I feel like a snack, I will drink 6 oz of water first. If I'm still hungry after 10 mins, I'll eat some fruit or veggies. I'll also drink a ridiculous amount of water during the day.

7. I will plan meals before I get my groceries, lunches AND dinners. I'll prepare my veggie snacks as soon as I get home so I can just grab them out of the fridge.

8. I can have one treat on Family Night. After that I will only eat treats if someone brings them to me, and no more than 2 treats in a week. If I have 3 one week, I only get 1 the next.

If I feel like cheating or get discouraged, I'll look at my before pictures, or find new inspiration for my Workout Pinterest board.  I'll reevaluate everything in 3 months.

Do you write down your goals? I know people that don't - Jon keeps track of everything in his head so well, making a list is redundant. Me, I can't remember pretty much anything unless I write it down. How about staying fit? What are your tricks?

3 comments:

  1. I'm impressed! Way to go! You set lofty treat goals... oh man!! I won't tell you my treat rules :). You're definitely going to maximize your efforts that way, which is AWESOME! I've been working on finding the perfect balance of working out, eating healthy meals and healthy portions, snacking healthy often and having as many small but regular doses of chocolate as I can without gaining weight :). I'm working it out pretty well - and every month or two or three I loose a pound!! I'm sure I could accomplish the toning and other such goals that I have much more quickly if I could kick that chocolate habit, but man-oh-man. You're awesome :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lists, but tend not to write down longterm goals. I wish I had some fitness tips for you. That is an area I struggle with. I've been trying to figure out how to motivate myself to make exercise a habit. I'd like to be fit also. I guess I do better with the food side of the fitness thing than the exercise part, so maybe I'll have some type on those lines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl! :) I can't wait to see your progress.

    I know for me, that sparkpeople.com really helped because I could count how many cups of water a day I was drinking (and since I had a goal to reach, I would ensure I did) and I could track my food intake and where I was going wrong. I actually need to get back into tracking what I'm eating, it really helped me when I discovered that I ate too much fat and not enough protein.

    ReplyDelete

Make the Buddha Bubby happy and link to your email so I can reply!