Tuesday, November 15, 2011

11-11-11: The Eleventh Hour

For you non-Whovians out there, I'm sorry this is the third Doctor Who post in a row. Why don't you go try it out? Then you'll know what we're talking about! Start with Blink. It's on Netflix! You REALLY won't regret it.

My hair is supposed to imitate a fez. What do you think?

Friday was 11-11-11 - the Eleventh Doctor's Day, as declared by Geek To Me (I actually was already thinking of doing something like this, but that was just the encouragement I needed). And because my love of Who knows no bounds, I decided to turn it into a full-fledged Eleventh Doctor Party!


My cousin Tasha and her husband Ben, my sister-in-law Chelsea, and of course, Joseph all came to watch The Eleventh Hour, The Beast Below and Victory of the Daleks. We also had some pretty awesome food, if I do say so myself!

Here are our Sonic Screwdrivers (Green, of course, for the new Sonic) I would totally make these again!


Fish fingers and "custard"! Just what we needed.


We start them young around here! Jesse already knows that hanging onto that sonic screwdriver will serve him well!


Ginger companion cookies with homemade English custard. The cookies were probably the best part of the whole meal. The egg in the custard got cooked a little bit, which was a shame, but it was still delicious.


TARDIS self-destruct, or Jammy Dodger? (Well, as close as I can get in America)



From a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, time is more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. It also is good to eat.


We know that bow-ties are cool!


Thanks to everyone who came! Thanks to my kind husband who helps me clean when I spring a last-minute party on him, because he knows it makes me happy. And thanks to Stephen Moffat and the BBC for making the most clever, heartwarming, funny, exciting show on television!


EDIT: Geek To Me actually grabbed some of our pictures for his Doctor Who slideshow! Whoo-hoo!

3 comments:

  1. That looks so much fun! I actually read an article somewhere discussing the possibility of a female Doctor (can't remember where, sorry), so your outfit is doubly awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I love that you have your very own sonic screwdriver! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this did my heart good. I LOVE Dr Who!

    ReplyDelete

Make the Buddha Bubby happy and link to your email so I can reply!