Friday, September 9, 2011

5 things that have been on my to-do list for over a month

You know those things around the house that you keep thinking, "Oh, I should do that!" and then you never get around to them? Here are some of mine. Hopefully telling them to you will shame me into finishing!

1. Unpack hospital bag. Okay, this is just embarrassing. Jesse is 2 1/2 months old, for heaven's sake, and it's still hanging out in the corner of my closet. Ridiculous. Wait here a bit. Okay, done. Unpack hospital bag. Hey, it's working already!

2. Organize/clean out top drawer in nightstand. It's kind of my junk drawer for paper things. Programs to events, wedding invitations, church handouts, anything I might want later goes in. And never sees the light of day again.

3. Sort through books. Never-ending but very necessary. I used to have a really hard time getting rid of books (what if I wanted to read it again?!) but there is just no room! Now I have a one in-one out rule, and I'm a little (very) behind.

4. Jesse's birth story. I wrote it all up for my sister in Poland, now it just needs pictures. Is that something you guys would be interested in reading, or should I just keep it to myself?

5. Preserve my wedding dress. I...just don't have anything to say about this.

What's on your list?

5 comments:

  1. I'd read it. And as for my over-a-month-past-due list... #5 is there - I guess I kinda forgot about doing anything with it... #4 is there. I have 3 collections of stuff from Teag's birth (in papers and in writing) that need to be gathered together and saved... #3, no, I did that again this morning trying to find Kade's library book :). #2, yes, on my list. #1 - OFF the list - already done, SWEET! My list is so long I don't allow myself to think about it most days. However, I've started a google task list which has begun to track it all for me. I just write things in when I think of them, and put the 'long-overdue-may-never-get-done' kinda stuff at the bottom. Here's a sample:
    -burn family videos to DVD (so far I'm up to 2008)
    -go through kids' box of school work from last year before school starts again....DOH!
    -distress some pretty 'PRAY' lettering I bought for decor
    -go to The Creperie - no joke, it's been on my 'list' for months. My brain is so boggled I had to write it down so I wouldn't forget how badly I wanna do it.
    -put pictures in Maely's locket necklace from her b-day...in June
    -get new color ink cartridges (so I can print pictures for locket)
    -update finances on mint (my budgeting software)
    -Mail key back to Rainbow Beach Resort (haha - it mysteriously appeared out of Lacey's laundry)

    The rest of my list (there's MUCH more) is either less than a month old, or hasn't been put in writing yet - therefore it is in that blacked out part of my brain.

    My list right now though is to just get T to stop fussing so that I can do anything besides hold him :). Ah, the life of a Mom.

    Good luck with yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely read Jesse's birth story!

    Also, I totally have a papers junk drawer...I really should go through that too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My top drawer is a junk folder too. :) I should clean it but I won't.

    I also fully admit that I am a book hoarder, but I recently went through some and got rid of the ones I won't read anymore. It actually wasn't as painful as expected, because I was getting rid of the ones I'd had since I was in middle school (so pretty much a sure bet I wasn't going to read them again). I ended up donating them all to the library.

    Also wedding dress preservation? LOL. I never did that either. I looked into it, but it costs a hell of a lot of money...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, I need to sort through my books too... I've been storing them under my bed. And now I'm running out of space. Maybe one-in-one-out would be a good rule for me.

    14 Shades Of Grey

    ReplyDelete

Make the Buddha Bubby happy and link to your email so I can reply!